It’s not uncommon for me to meet with patients who want to change their smiles. Some patients want straight teeth, while others are worry about the size, shape, and color of their teeth. We have numerous cosmetic dental methods to give you a more beautiful, uniform smiles. Our Highland Township dental office has been treating orthodontic issues with a new, modern procedure called ClearCorrect.
ClearCorrect is a solution similar to Invisalign that uses a series of clear aligners to straighten teeth. We’ve found that ClearCorrect treatment is ideal for working professionals who want straight teeth but don’t want to deal with fixed brackets and wires. Today I want to chronicle 5 ways ClearCorrect can correct your crooked teeth and fit in with your lifestyle.
- ClearCorrect is virtually invisible. As the name suggest ClearCorrect aligners are made from clear plastic. Once the aligners are on the teeth, they are nearly impossible to spot. Unlike metal brackets and wires that stick out like a sore thumb, these aligners are subtle and do not stick out. We’ve found that adult patients, especially, do not want obstructions on their teeth. They don’t want people to look at their braces, and they don’t want people to ask about their dental treatment.
- ClearCorrect is removable. Clear orthodontic aligners are the only orthodontic system available that allows the users to remove the appliance. You can’t do that with braces, whether the braces are conventional or clear ceramic options. Of course, for some patients, this is a good thing. For instance, if you’re a parent, you might agree that it’s a bad idea to let your child remove their orthodontic appliance whenever they want. If you’re an adult who is committed to straightening your teeth, then ClearCorrect may be right for you. We ask that you wear the aligners for about 22 hours a day, only remove the aligners for eating and cleaning. If you’re familiar with traditional braces, you might know the food limitations a patient faces. There are no food restrictions with ClearCorrect. You can eat whatever you’d like.
- No painful wire tightenings with ClearCorrect. A patient with ClearCorrect will swap out their aligners about once every two weeks until they reach the end of treatment. You could compare the aligner changes with wire changes and tightenings, but there is one big difference: Changing out your aligners is much more comfortable and far less invasive. You also do not have to worry about wire or brackets rubbing the soft tissue in your mouth.
- ClearCorrect Treatment is Much Shorter. A typical patient with conventional braces may wear the braces for more than two years. The treatment takes so long because it moves the root and crown of the tooth in two separate stages. For major bite and alignment issues, traditional braces are your best option. But not everyone has major bite or alignment problems. If you have mild orthodontic issues, you may be a candidate for ClearCorrect. A typically ClearCorrect treatment takes between 12 and 18 months.
- ClearCorrect can serve as mouthguards. Studies have found that wearing ClearCorrect aligners can also help those patients who grind or clench their teeth at night. Grinding or clenching can put stress on the teeth, increasing the risk for chips, breaks, or even fractures. Patients who clench or grind their teeth can also experience painful morning headaches.
ClearCorrect is a revolutionary tool that give you great, straight teeth without any ever knowing you had undergone treatment. I hope these five facts have shown you that you can achieve straight teeth without major hassle, pain or food restrictions.
If you’re ready to hear more about our ClearCorrect services, call our office today at 248-329-3552 or use our online form to schedule an appointment.