Have your formerly beautiful pearly whites seen better days? Perhaps they are chipped. Cracked. Discolored. Maybe there’s a gap that you’ve always wanted to close. Or maybe there are multiple issues you’d like to fix.
One way to improve your smile on several fronts at once is through dental veneers. This popular procedure involves placing custom-made porcelain shells over the fronts of your teeth, making blemishes disappear in a snap. But veneers are pricey and are a lifetime commitment. We will have to remove enamel from your tooth, so you will always have to keep it covered.
If you’re on a budget or just want a less invasive procedure with faster results, tooth bonding may be a good option for you. This technique covers the same sort of flaws as veneers, but is less expensive and does not require alteration of your tooth structure.
Call Highland Advanced Dental Care of Highland Township, MI to learn more about tooth bonding and how it can transform your smile. Dial 248-329-3552.
A Simple Fix for Your Dental Flaws
Dental bonding is a highly versatile procedure, appropriate for hiding many types of flaws and blemishes.
- Cover cosmetic chips and cracks.
- Whiten areas of discoloration, including deep stains that chemical whitening treatments can’t help.
- Close unwanted gaps.
- Change the shape of a tooth.
- Lengthen a tooth
- Make a slightly crooked tooth appear straight.
A Painless Process
If you decide you want to transform your smile with bonding, call our office for a consultation. Once the doctor examines your mouth and confirms you are a good candidate, we can generally complete the procedure in just one office visit. (Of course, if you have multiple teeth to be treated, you may have to do it over more than one appointment.)
The process is painless and does not require anesthesia, unless we are dealing with a decayed part of the tooth.
- We use a composite resin material, which we color to match the exact shade of your real tooth.
- We apply the resin, which has a texture similar to putty, over the area to be bonded. We carefully mold it so it looks totally natural.
- The material is hardened, or cured, using a special light.
- We make any final adjustments to the shape, if needed.
- Finally, we will polish the resin so it matches the sheen of your tooth.
Once finished, the bonded area will blend in perfectly with your tooth.
Making It Last
Dental bonding can last several years with proper care. Be sure to practice excellent oral hygiene practices to prevent the resin material from staining. Also, avoid chewing on your nails, using your teeth as tools, or chewing ice cubes as these habits could cause the bonding to chip.
If you are interested in learning more about tooth bonding or any of our cosmetic dental services, schedule an appointment with Highland Advanced Dental Care of Highland Township, MI. You may call our office at 248-329-3552 or fill out and submit our convenient online form. We will get back to you promptly.