While getting a filling is probably the most common dental treatment in the US, there are times when you might need more. Whether it’s a missing tooth or bad gum disease, you need to call Dr. LoCascio today at 248-329-3552 and schedule a visit. He is expertly trained in using oral surgery to correct your problems before they get even worse.
These procedures are routine, but here are some oral surgery tips for making sure your visit goes as smoothly as possible.
Prepare Before Your Visit
- Get some books, games, or shows to binge while resting: After your appointment, you’ll need to go home and rest. That can be very boring, and you don’t want to just sit there. Before heading to our Highland, MI office, find some ways to pass the time like games, books, or that show you’ve been meaning to binge-watch.
- Stock up on foods that you can eat: Yes, you can eat after your oral surgery procedure. It’s just that spicy or chewy foods can hurt you. Unless you like the idea of grocery shopping right after your visit, go now to buy foods that are bland and soft like mashed potatoes, yogurt, and soup.
- Put some ice packs in the freezer: You can use pain relievers to help feel better afterwards, but you’ll likely have some swelling as well. Ice packs are great for this — but only if they are already frozen. Make sure you have some in the freezer so you can use them when you need to.
- Plan on no jewelry and comfortable clothes for your visit: Because Dr. LoCasio will be working on your teeth, you need to be careful about what you wear. Skip any jewelry like earrings or necklaces, as you don’t want either to catch on the dentist’s sleeve. And since you’ll be lying back in the chair for a while, be sure to wear clothes that are comfortable.
- Call us at 248-329-3552 if your instructions are not clear: Chances are you’ll get a list of instructions for before and after your procedure. Read these a few days ahead of time! That way, you can call us and ask any questions you might have. The last thing you need is confusion the night before!
Why You Might Need It
Here are a few restorations that use oral surgery to make your smile better.
- Dental extractions: Although Dr. LoCasio is expertly trained and can repair most teeth, there are times when there’s just too much damage and the tooth cannot be saved. This is when the last, best choice is to have it removed.
- Dental implants: Whether you had a tooth extracted or lost one through an injury, you need a replacement as soon as possible. Otherwise, your other teeth can suffer. Thankfully, a dental implant is a long-lasting, durable, but life-like way to fill that gap in your smile.
- All-on-4® implants: What if you need to replace a lot of teeth? With this treatment, you get a full arch of replacement teeth connected to four implants. This makes sure your smile is attractive but strong and secure.
- Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique: Don’t forget about your gums! Gum disease can cause yours to recede, but this revolutionary treatment carefully draws gum tissue out so it covers the parts of a tooth that should be covered.
Call us today at 248-329-3552 or use our convenient online form to schedule your next appointment. Until then, follow these oral surgery tips.