Do you dream of having a fabulously straight smile, but figure it’s out of reach or the cost (socially or financially) is too high? If you are an adult, the idea of spending a couple years with metal train tracks on your teeth can be enough to make you put up with a less-than-perfect grin.
Braces during the teenage years are something of a right of passage and, let’s face it, when many of your peers are in the same boat, at least you are able to commiserate with each other.
But for an adult, the experience can be isolating and downright embarrassing. If you work, you may worry that braces will make you look less than professional. And they may make you think twice about dating or going to parties. And who wants to postpone their social life for two years?
What if you could fix your smile, but do it in a way that’s practically invisible? In a way that doesn’t involve metal wires and brackets that are not only difficult to keep clean, but that have the potential to poke and irritate your cheeks, gums, and lips?
At Highland Advanced Dental Care, we can do just that. We offer ClearCorrect, an orthodontic solution that utilizes clear aligners to straighten teeth and correct misaligned bites. To schedule a consultation, call our Highland Township, MI office at 248-329-3552.
Is ClearCorrect for Me?
If you have severe or complicated orthodontic problems, traditional metal or ceramic braces may be better able to give you the stunning smile you want (don’t hesitate to call Dr. LoCascio if you are not sure, or would like to discuss further). However, if your issues are mild to moderate, ClearCorrect may be the perfect solution for you. If you have any of the following problems, you may be a good candidate for ClearCorrect:
- Crowding may leave teeth inadequate room to grow in, causing crookedness and potential pain. They also make cleaning difficult, as it’s tough to get the toothbrush and floss into tight spaces.
- Gaps in the teeth are unsightly and trap food, leading to tooth decay.
- Underbites, crossbites, and overbites may make you self conscious about your smile. They can also stress the jaw and tmj, leading to joint damage, pain, and even headaches.
- Crooked teeth are distracting and unsightly. ClearCorrect can put them right back into alignment with the rest of your pearly whites.
How Does ClearCorrect Fix My Teeth?
Unlike traditional braces, ClearCorrect is not attached to your teeth. ClearCorrect utilizes a series of transparent plastic “aligners” that straighten your teeth usually over the course of about a year (as opposed to two to three years for braces). ClearCorrect holds many advantages over braces.
- The aligners are thin, clear, and barely noticeable on your teeth
- They are totally removable: this means you can eat whatever you love to eat and don’t have to follow any special procedures for cleaning your teeth. Just brush and floss like normal. You may even remove the aligners for very special occasions (though we advise wearing them whenever possible. If you don’t wear them for the recommended 22 hours per day, the therapy may not work as well.)
- The aligners, which are like a very discreet mouthguard, are comfortable to wear. They don’t have metal or other hard parts to poke your mouth.
- While the length of treatment may vary depending on the state of your teeth, ClearCorrect generally takes less time to do its job than traditional braces.
And what about ClearCorrect versus Invisalign? These two products work in very similar ways. Invisalign is a more well-known name, but that’s because the company’s been around longer, not because its product is better. ClearCorrect treatment often comes with lower fees than Invisalign, plus their products are made right here in the United States!
I’m Ready to Fix My Smile. Now What?
When you come in for your ClearCorrect appointment, we will take detailed impressions and images of your mouth and teeth. At the ClearCorrect lab in Texas, a 3-D model of your mouth will be made. We will then create a treatment plan, which you will be able to see before starting, and once it’s all been approved, your custom aligners will be manufactured.
You will receive a progression of aligners that incrementally shift your teeth into the desired position. Each one will be worn for a number of weeks, then you will move on to the next aligner in the series. After you’re finished with the last aligner, you will have the smile you’ve always wanted.
If you live in the Highland Township, MI area and would like to schedule an appointment at Highland Advanced Dental Care, call our office at 248-329-3552. If you don’t feel like picking up the phone, you may send a message through our online form.