Save Your Life With Sleep Apnea Treatment
You can improve your health and prolong your life with sleep apnea treatment at our Highland Township, MI dentist office. Tired of snoring? Been hearing complaints from your sleeping partner? That’s just the beginning of the problems caused by your sleep apnea. A quick evaluation is needed to protect you, so don’t delay!
Call 248-329-3552 now to set up a FREE consultation appointment with Dr. LoCascio, a member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) and American Sleep and Breathing Academy (ASBA). Get the help you need to live a healthy, long life.
Prolong Your Life with Quality Sleep Apnea Treatment
It may come as a surprise that the best person to treat your sleep apnea is actually your dentist, but it’s true! While we will work with your primary care physician to get an official diagnosis of sleep apnea, your treatment plan can be created in our office.
- Protect Yourself From Premature Death – Sleep apnea increases your risk of high blood pressure, heart attack, obesity, depression, kidney disease, diabetes, and stroke. In fact, 65 percent of stroke patients have sleep apnea!
- Sleep and Feel Better – Rest plays an important role in all your mental and physical functions. Once you begin getting the rest you need, your overall health will begin to improve. You’ll feel better than you have in ages! Plus, you’ll lower your risk for having a sleep-related car accident.
- Avoid CPAP – We can often help patients avoid a cumbersome CPAP. While effective, there is a low compliance rate with CPAP. Research shows that 75 percent of CPAP users dislike their machines or don’t wear them correctly. Whenever possible, Dr. LoCascio prefers to prescribe an oral appliance, which will reposition your jaw and enable you to sleep more comfortably!
Signs You May Have Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is more prevalent than you may realize. Fifty percent of people over 50 have sleep apnea (that’s men AND women!). Not sure if sleep apnea is causing you trouble? Below is a list of common signs that you (and your sleeping partner) can watch for.
- Loud, continuous snoring
- Gasping or choking while asleep
- Sore/dry throat and mouth
- Morning headaches
Don’t Ignore Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea seems innocent enough, but it is so much more than just snoring. Sleep apnea can and likely will lead to premature death when left untreated. This is not something to ignore. That’s one reason we offer FREE evaluations. Your life is on the line, and we can help!
Call 248-329-3552 today to make an appointment at our office, or use our online form. We would love to see you soon and help you overcome this noisy and dangerous health issue. Trust the dentist who is a member of associations, like the AADSM and ASBA, dedicated to treating sleep apnea!